Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lord of the Flies: Chapter 12


Lord of the Flies
Chapter 12 - The Cry of the Hunters
"The End of the Hunt"
Perspective: Jack

Samneric are in MY tribe now. Roger had to poke and prod them a little, but they came to in the end. The only one left is Ralph. The stubborn fool, now he's out there somewhere, just waiting to be hunted. I have a feeling he's been close to my castle, castle rock. He probably even had a talk with Samneric, Sam probably even gave him meat. It doesn't matter, tomorrow is the hunt, and Roger has a stick sharpened at both ends especially for him. Then we can put him right next to the Lord of the Flies.

I can't believe that whelp tried to hide so close to my territory. He thought he could keep his secret with Samneric, but he doesn't realize, the do what I want, and nothing else. But we smoked him out real good. Then he hides right next to the Lord of the Flies! He just can't find a good hiding spot.

Now the hunt is done. Ralph has gotten the rescue that he wanted. Right up to the feet of the Naval Officer. Then he goes and says he's the leader, okay, I'll let him he can take the blame. Not that anything bad's happened, the Officer said he was disappointed in us because were British. He probably only thought I was a little boy with red hair and a black cap, but I'm chief, and I've done good on this island. Poor Percival, can't remember his own name.

No comments: