Sunday, May 16, 2010

Journal #5

Chapters 13-15
Perspective:Atticus

Scout, that is still so young. She doesn't understand what's going on these days. She doesn't belong in this madness. Her innocence was infallible. Where as Jem has this new found maturity emerging. I'm proud of him, for standing there with his dad. But at the same time I was terrified.

I'm not quite sure what I had planned to do, but all I know is that once my children arrived I couldn't think of anything. Nothing but what would happen to my children. They weren't supposed to be there. It's my responsibility to protect Tom Robinson, none of theirs. When Scout called out to me, I just wanted them to go home.

Those drunkards on Sunday, have acquired a rotten disposition towards Tom Robinson. And for what? He's . Gladly Mr. Cunningham remembers past transactions, and his underlying goodness towards Scout compensates for whatever he might have done. Only a little longer, then maybe I will be able to extract the truth from this overgrown web of lies.

3 comments:

Noah Dillard said...

you did well on this but like i said let him exspoled a little like he is trying to tell the world all abouut wut ever but he need to stay sain

Andy B. said...

I think that you did well but parts are wierd. "Scout, that is still so young" could be rephrased and you could expand on some of the ideas.
However, it was deep and you really looked into what Atticus would think.

Carly A. said...

I agree with Andy that some phrases are weird but other then that good job really going past Atticus's almost uncaring manner.