Sunday, May 2, 2010

Journal #1

Chapters 1-3
Perspective of Jem

That house on the corner and Boo Radley. The scariest man I've never met. I don't know what made me do a crazy thing like that. But Dill Harris is one of the most convincing people I know. Besides, I couldn't turn down a dare, it would forever irk my conscience. Even if it was the most terrifying and intimidating experience of my life. The level of difficulty even had to be changed, first I had to make Boo Radley come out, but then we came to a comprimise of me touchen the house.

Every other time in my life I'd spent sprinting past the Radley house, and this time I was sprinting towards it. Good thing I was sprinting too, who knows what might have happened if Boo had come out, that scary eccentric man. Scout coulda gotten hurt. Boo woulda stabbed her in the leg right as easy as he stabbed his own father. Can't stand to think about it. Was darn creepy enough to see that curtain twitch. I think I saw a sliver of Boo's pale, slimy face. But I'm not sure.

Boo creeps the living begeebees out of me. But that's over and done with. I do believe I've settled my score with Dill. Now he's got to pronounce me as brave enough to touch Boo Radley's house. He ain't gonna talk no more bout me bein a coward. Neither can Scout, matter o' fact. I guess we'll just have to see bout tommorow. 'M getting a pretty penny to take her to school.


2 comments:

Mrs. Ganesan said...

Hey Brianne,

I like how you write in your Southern "twang"! Don't forget to use 5 vocab terms and either underline them or put them in a different color font.

Mrs. G

Noah Dillard said...

you did a great job of summerizing dah 3 chapters.