Thursday, May 6, 2010

Journal #2

Chapters 4-7
Perspective: Scout

Boo Radley's not that interesting. Not enough, I liked playing Boo Radley, and being Mrs. Radley, and all. But it's no fun when Dill and Jem run off to do the real stuff. They wouldn't even have told me if I hadn't made em. Plus Mr. Nathan coming out with his shotgun almost killing Jem, that was the scariest moment of my life. Then when he went back out to get his pants, him going by himself was not a unanimous decision. That was the second scariest moment of my life. It's a miracle we managed to evade death.
I liked it when school came back, another year of not learning, another year closer to learning something. Besides this year I can walk home with Jem. And this year we have a new friend. Mister that leaves us stuff in our tree. Well now it's our tree. Who else could it be for?
Finally when I see the sense to not take the stuff in the knot hole. Jem starts taking it, a chameleon like his is. But no one else took anything, or put anything back, so I guess it's okay. I like being in second grade, so I can walk home with Jem. Escaping from the tyranny that was Mrs. Caroline. But it makes me sad to know I won't learn anything until sixth grade. It's so boring I feel I'm being tormented. What can I do? Nothing I guess. I wonder if there's a different knot hole, Mister will put stuff in. I hope so. Just because Mr. Nathan filled our tree with cement doesn't mean he won't write back.

2 comments:

Carly A. said...

Good job talking like Scout does and even though we see everything from her perspective you gave us a different view of it. If that makes sense. Good job. ( But I think when you shorten a would like them to 'em you put a apostrophe before the word)

Noah Dillard said...

you did a great job of saying all of the info, but you need to get more indept with the charitor like she is a tom boy that is the south what i do is make little grama misstakes like it does in the book