Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lord of the Flies: Chapter 5

Lord of the Flies
Chapter 5 - Beast from Water
"The Beast Inside"
Perspective: Simon


We let the fire go out. We had to talk. The fire was just the start of the problems Ralph pointed out. He said we couldn't do what we'd said we would. Like drinking water out of the coconut shells, building good shelters, and only doing short by the rocks. It was a little ludicrous to believe we ever could, and I'm not sure if it will get done now. That discursive ending means they might not even remember what this meeting was about. The meeting represents life on the island, we're losing our civility. Slowly gravitating towards the dirtiest things about human kind our instincts, the savageness, the wish to kill, and the wish for nce. It's breaking out leaders apart, and with it it's breaking us. I feel an obligation to join Jack, but I couldn't do it. I just sat there with Ralph, because he's trying for order, and we need order.

The there's our fear. The little ones that cry in the night lamentation, tossing and turning over the thoughts of the beast, the effigy of the growing fear. Even the Big'uns feel it know, when they have their turned. I know the thing that Percival saw was me, but the others are not satisfied. We are the only true beasts on the island. I couldn't tell them, they wouldn't listen, the words stuck in my throat. But I knew the dirtiest thing, the dirtiest thing is us. What we are becoming, where we will go to for guidance. It's coming, moving wildly through the forest tempestuosly gaining on us, the dirtiest thing is Jack.


No comments: